Details for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s 5th anniversary have been revealed.
According to a recent video of her being taken to a hospital there will be 5 surprises for fans:
- A new Best Of album being released May 25, featuring songs from PONPONPON it will feature a limited edition with her face as the packaging and will have a worldwide release
- A 3rd world tour starting May in Singapore, UK, Australia, the US, Taiwan and more ending at the Nippon Budokan on August 19/20.
- Collaborations with several international and Japanese artists
- Kyary’s 1st Artwork exhibition
- A ride of her own at Universal Studios Japan titled Kyary Pamyu Pamyu XR Ride
A special site features more details in English so everyone who is interested in finding out more can check it out there. Of course, the site is what you would expect from her with colors and weird monsters flying across the screen after the opening video plays.
It’s hard to believe that 5 years have already passed since it seems like only yesterday when I first remember seeing one of her videos. The colors, the shapes, and the weird but catchy music just laid the foundation for many other Japanese artists to show off what makes Japan unique.
We have until May before the big plans start coming out but it’s certainly shaping up to be one of her most monumental times!